最近看Artisan Bread Five Minutes A Day，破除了不少面包迷思。照他家做过瑞典limpa、法国pain d'epi、以及巧克力面包，都省事且美味。昨天依他们做美式软面包的方子自己配了一个抹茶面包的做法，实验成功。颜色很可爱，涂上薄薄一层蜂蜜吃，非常清香柔软。暂记备忘：
3 cup lukewarm water
1.5 tbsp granulated yeast
1.5 tbsp salt
20g milk powder (optional)
3 tbsp matcha powder
1 stick (0.5 cup) of unsalted butter
840g unbleached all-purpose flour*
0.5 cup raisins (optional)
1. melt butter and let cool. mix in yeast, salt, sugar, milk powder, matcha powder, and water.
2. mix in flour and stir with a spoon till all combined evenly.
3. fold in raisins.
4. add a lid to the 4-5 quart bowl. let the dough rise and collapse (top flattened), which takes about 2 hours.
5. store in the fridge and be sure to use within 7 days.
6. on the baking day, sprinkle flour on top of the dough and pull out a cantaloupe-size chunk (one third of the whole volume). shape quickly into an elongated ball and drop it into an oiled 9-inch nonstick loaf pan.
7. dust some flour and loosely cover it. let rise for 1hr 40 min (about 40 min if used without refrigeration--the dough is easier to handle when cold).
9. 5 min before baking, set oven at 350F.
8. paint some eggwash or melted butter. place it in the oven for 45 minutes or till the surface is golden brown.
9. let cool completely before slicing.
* I used about 120g bread flour and reduced the total amount of flour by about 10 grams.